MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community (http://www.MeraForum.Com/index.php)
-   Ptcl Broadband (http://www.MeraForum.Com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   PTCL - Broadband connection Problems and solutions (http://www.MeraForum.Com/showthread.php?t=55551)

AYAZ 04-23-2011 08:17 PM

PTCL - Broadband connection Problems and solutions

AS SALAAM O ALAIKUM ,

Here i will share my experience of ptcl as i used it for sometime and got trouble shoot myself without call to 1218 call center help .

I am using PTCL 1 MB student package and so far its works well for me .

Things you should know about PTCL Broadband .

- PTCL 1 mb package will give you always around 100KB/sec if its working fine . it will not give you 1MB/sec as this 1mb student package is 1 megabits not mega byte per second .

- there should be no noise in the ptcl line . if there is any disturbance in the land line try to give ptcl line man few rupees more by asking him to fix the land line . it will be done in like 50 or 100 rupees. Don't try to be smart here by complaining again and again , you are in pakistan not in europe so the line man will work for ya in this way and will come with ya for sure.

- Once your land line gonna smooth . Install the modem which will be done by ptcl broadband guy . he will bring modem and set it for ya .

- This is the most important point overall which i think call center don't know is that don't just plug the modem wire in to your switch box as we are in pakistan and we all know that there is voltage problem in pakistan so always use STABILIZER for modem so that modem gets its require voltage in this way .

and you are good to goo now .

Best Regards
Ayaz

!~*AdOrAbLe*~! 04-23-2011 08:17 PM

Re: PTCL - Broadband connection Problems and solutions

thnx fr sharin

MeGeniuX 04-26-2011 07:23 AM

ok well i`ll replace the stablizer with an Adaptor...... because buying a stablizer means worth of 1000 or 500 Rs and the adapter is available in the PTCL product box by default.... if not than ask your PTCL ajent....

AYAZ 04-29-2011 02:30 AM

adapter sei bhi kuch nahi hota i have used it or it may be just my experience

RoOZ SoOChTa HouN 05-10-2011 03:33 PM

:zabardast:

hasuni 01-27-2012 08:01 PM

stabilizer use kerny se kiya hum loadshedding k dooran bhi internet use ker sakty hain?

mianautos 02-20-2012 03:04 PM

Well thanks for such information. I have newly installed student package at home and it is working properly. If i will face any difficulty i will definitely share with you.

sadiaali 03-02-2012 10:16 AM

Nice technic nd solution of problem,,,,

mianautos 03-09-2012 02:18 PM

Hello friends!
I have come again to ask one thing that i have some problem with my ptcl student dsl connection. The modem go on hanging position some time when someone is using it. It does not happen often but when it happens the modem hang up for several minutes. What do you think i am facing what kind of problem?

templaterange 03-13-2012 03:35 PM

i think you have to factory reset your modem!
if it doesn't work, you should ask them to replace it!