MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community (http://www.MeraForum.Com/index.php)
-   Visa & Immigration (http://www.MeraForum.Com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   international student (F-1 visa student ) can legally work in the United states? (http://www.MeraForum.Com/showthread.php?t=69055)

new2usa 09-15-2011 06:11 PM

international student (F-1 visa student ) can legally work in the United states?

Hello guys ,

I need help regarding regarding F-1 student can work in United States legally? If they can what is the procedure ? and what about Off campus job in a gas station ?

Thanks
waiting for reply

WAQAS 09-16-2011 12:56 AM

Re: international student (F-1 visa student ) can legally work in the United states?

Yes, F-1 students can do part-time work on campus job ( 20 Hours/week ) but certains condition apply to F-1 student

These are the condition- from Immigaration and school applies

1. F-1 student should be a full time student in its programe.

2. If this is your first semester as on F-1 student visa in united states then you won't be able to qualify for any position on campus until you complete your first semester.

3. You shouldn't have any probation. If your GPA is under 2.0 you won't be able to apply.

Can you work off campus ( Illegally) ? it depends. some student don't want to do off campus job becuae they are not allow to do this job . If immigaration people find out that you are illegaly worknig. they might deport you or just give you warning.

If you plan to work off campus you can find a job in Desi resturant. Pizza hut or gas staion who ever willing to pay you cash. I know millions of students do off campus (Gas station /Pizza delivery job/Taxi driving ) just to pay their own tuition fees otherwise they can't support tuition fees.

Infact, Immigarant people knows all about these issues. but how many students they will catch ??? and they know student are working because they need to take care of theri tuition fees.

In my persoanal point of view, Students are doing off campus job that is how america itself running. Now, think about it for a second . How many illegal people are living in united states? I guess almost 10 million and they all working in a resturaant or mexican store or gas station or they are Taxi Drivers. If US goverment decided to expel them then Who will run gas station . ? who will drive Taxi ? this is not a job for american legal people someone has to do that. !!!! Period.

EXACTLY !!! now HOW many students are studing in the uniterd states as a F-1 master engineering students or Hight tech job or bachelor. If immigration people decided to expel them then there will be huge lost of amercian education and immigrant Itself becuase all the talented engineer/ medical studnet they will lose and trust me they won't do that.

!!! so come in US and if you know someone desi uncle or mexican people. you will be able to get part time job as a student. you must understand that you have to complete your degree as well...

I know it is very broad topic. .... hope I answer your question man ..

new2usa 09-16-2011 12:05 PM

Re: international student (F-1 visa student ) can legally work in the United states?

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAQAS (Post 1211724)
Yes, F-1 students can do part-time work on campus job ( 20 Hours/week ) but certains condition apply to F-1 student

These are the condition- from Immigaration and school applies

1. F-1 student should be a full time student in its programe.

2. If this is your first semester as on F-1 student visa in united states then you won't be able to qualify for any position on campus until you complete your first semester.

3. You shouldn't have any probation. If your GPA is under 2.0 you won't be able to apply.

Can you work off campus ( Illegally) ? it depends. some student don't want to do off campus job becuae they are not allow to do this job . If immigaration people find out that you are illegaly worknig. they might deport you or just give you warning.

If you plan to work off campus you can find a job in Desi resturant. Pizza hut or gas staion who ever willing to pay you cash. I know millions of students do off campus (Gas station /Pizza delivery job/Taxi driving ) just to pay their own tuition fees otherwise they can't support tuition fees.

Infact, Immigarant people knows all about these issues. but how many students they will catch ??? and they know student are working because they need to take care of theri tuition fees.

In my persoanal point of view, Students are doing off campus job that is how america itself running. Now, think about it for a second . How many illegal people are living in united states? I guess almost 10 million and they all working in a resturaant or mexican store or gas station or they are Taxi Drivers. If US goverment decided to expel them then Who will run gas station . ? who will drive Taxi ? this is not a job for american legal people someone has to do that. !!!! Period.

EXACTLY !!! now HOW many students are studing in the uniterd states as a F-1 master engineering students or Hight tech job or bachelor. If immigration people decided to expel them then there will be huge lost of amercian education and immigrant Itself becuase all the talented engineer/ medical studnet they will lose and trust me they won't do that.

!!! so come in US and if you know someone desi uncle or mexican people. you will be able to get part time job as a student. you must understand that you have to complete your degree as well...

I know it is very broad topic. .... hope I answer your question man ..

Thanks brother Waqas for helping me out and giving the detail answer of my question . Really appreciated

VisaPolicy 04-28-2012 05:38 AM

Its very useful information overhere.. Bingoo!!!!!!!!!!!

papaiwanttogo 01-29-2014 12:40 PM

These kind of courses are very important to the society that we live in if these kind of courses were start before the situation was much batter

sehrish2134 11-24-2017 11:00 PM

Good Post