Create Shutdown / Restart / Lock Icons in Windows 7 or Vista - MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

link| link| link
MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community » The World of Information » Discuss Your Pc Problems » Windows 7 » Create Shutdown / Restart / Lock Icons in Windows 7 or Vista
Windows 7 Discuss Your Windows 7 problem and have the solution

Advertisement

Post New Thread  Reply

(#1)
Old
ღ šŏŭl ɦăčƙĕř ღ

My Photos: ()
Star Sign:
Default Create Shutdown / Restart / Lock Icons in Windows 7 or Vista - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   09-12-2011, 01:44 AM

If you dislike the new Windows Vista shutdown menu, you are probably in the majority. An alternative option is to create icons that will let you shut down, lock, or restart your computer without having to mess with that stupid popup menu.

Of course, Windows 7 makes the shutdown menu a lot better, but if you want a shortcut elsewhere or to assign a hotkey, this should help you out.

First right-click on the desktop, choose New and then Shortcut.

In the shortcut location box, you’ll need to enter the correct command, which I’ve listed for you below.

Shutdown Computer

Shutdown.exe -s -t 00

Restart Computer

Shutdown.exe -r -t 00

Lock Workstation

Rundll32.exe User32.dll,LockWorkStation

Hibernate Computer

rundll32.exe PowrProf.dll,SetSuspendState

Sleep Computer

rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0

When you’ve clicked next on the above dialog, you’ll be asked to name the shortcut. Probably best to name it according to the right function.

After you click Finish, you should now have a new icon that you can double-click to immediately shutdown, restart, or lock your computer.

Change Shortcut Icon

The default icon is really ugly, and if you want to have separate shortcuts for each function you might want to change the icon. Right-click on the icon and choose properties.

Click the Change Icon button, and then you can pick from the available icons in the system, or you can use the Browse button to pick an icon you downloaded off the web.

ε√ïℓ şσųℓ

ѕιℓєηcє & ѕмιℓє αяє тωσ ρσωєяƒυℓ тσσℓѕ.
ѕмιℓє ιѕ тнє ωαу тσ ѕσℓνє мαηу ρяσвℓємѕ
&
ѕιℓєηcє ιѕ тнє ωαу тσ ανσι∂ мαηу ρяσвℓємѕ..
Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
(#2)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Create Shutdown / Restart / Lock Icons in Windows 7 or Vista - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   09-12-2011, 05:13 PM

Very Helpful Tips For Enabling Icons ..

Thanks Bro ..

bE driveN wiTh puRpOse, Be r313n71355 in your alιgnмenт;
with excellence.
pAy n0 mInd to the ∂ιsιмραssισηε∂ เ๓ק๏tєภt ђคtєгร

.. нoolιgan
(#3)
Old
ღ šŏŭl ɦăčƙĕř ღ

Star Sign:
Default Re: Create Shutdown / Restart / Lock Icons in Windows 7 or Vista - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   09-12-2011, 11:47 PM

U R WelCome.........

ε√ïℓ şσųℓ

&
(#4)
Old

Default Re: Create Shutdown / Restart / Lock Icons in Windows 7 or Vista - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   09-15-2011, 03:58 AM

Nicee Shairing

(#5)
Old
ღ šŏŭl ɦăčƙĕř ღ

Star Sign:
Default Re: Create Shutdown / Restart / Lock Icons in Windows 7 or Vista - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   09-19-2011, 01:26 AM

ThankX......

ε√ïℓ şσųℓ

&
(#6)
Old

Default Re: Create Shutdown / Restart / Lock Icons in Windows 7 or Vista - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   02-12-2012, 11:03 PM

NiicE...info

(#7)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Create Shutdown / Restart / Lock Icons in Windows 7 or Vista - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   05-07-2012, 10:21 AM

Good sharing

დ∫დ→◄●♥●►↔ǺήĐằŽ~◊Ệ◊~ßάΫǻЙ↔◄●♥●►←დ∫დ

(#8)
Old

Default Re: Create Shutdown / Restart / Lock Icons in Windows 7 or Vista - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   01-31-2013, 10:35 AM

Umda Sharing

Post New Thread  Reply