Brazil beats Ivory Coast - MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

link| link| link
MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community » Sports » General Football » Brazil beats Ivory Coast
General Football Discuss anything football related that does not fit into any other forum.,Share the greatest moments in soccer history through pictures & Videos!!

Advertisement

Post New Thread  Reply

(#1)
Old
ιι ƤιιИκʏ ƤяσѦιιƨɛ ;]

My Photos: ()
pix320 Brazil beats Ivory Coast - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   06-21-2010, 09:26 AM

With some Drama in the end, Brazil win the match 3-1, Kaka Red-carded

Luis Fabiano scored a pair of goals and Elano added another as Brazil beat Ivory Coast 3-1 Sunday to secure a spot in the second round of the World Cup with a match to spare in Group G.

Luis Fabiano scored his first goal in six matches for Brazil with a powerful right-footer in the 25th minute after a perfect pass by Kaka between defenders. He jumped over defender Kolo Toure before firing into the top of the net from a difficult angle.

Luis Fabiano doubled the lead in the 50th with a left-footer from near the penalty spot after beating two defenders inside the area. TV replays appeared to show Luis Fabiano handling the ball to gain control.

Elano scored Brazil's third goal in the 62nd after another setup by Kaka, who was sent off in the 88th after being booked twice within four minutes in a spiteful finish.

Didier Drogba, in the starting lineup for the first time since breaking his right arm on June 4, scored the lone goal for Ivory Coast with a header in the 79th.

It was a physical match at Soccer City, with hard fouls from both sides and players confronting each other at times. Kaka got into an altercation with Kader Keita near the end of the match and was ejected after a second yellow card.

The victory at Soccer City gives Brazil six points from two matches, leaving the Ivory Coast in difficult position to advance from the group stage. Portugal and North Korea play on Monday in Cape Town.

Brazil has won all six matches it has played against African nations in the World Cup. The last had been a 3-0 win over Ghana in the round of 16 of the 2006 tournament in Germany. Drogba's goal was the first Brazil conceded to African nations in football's marquee tournament.

Luis Fabiano hadn't scored in more than nine months for Brazil, since netting twice in a victory over Argentina last September in a World Cup qualifier. The crowed cheered his name after the second goal.

Brazil had beaten North Korea 2-1 in the opener, while Ivory Coast drew Portugal 0-0.

Kaka, coming off a season plagued by injuries, again was far from his best, but showed his poise on Sunday by setting up Luis Fabiano's first-half goal and Elano's in the second half in front of 84,455 fans at Soccer City.

Brazil made some uncharacteristic passing mistakes in the beginning and was not able to take control of the match, allowing the Ivorians to threaten in counterattacks and free kicks.

Ivory Coast put nearly all players on defense when Brazil held possession, leaving Drogba alone up front.

"I thought we came back after 3-0 rather good, but we couldn't score more than one," Ivory Coast coach Sven-Goran Eriksson said.

Drogba attempted a long-range free kick in the 13th but his shot sailed way wide. His best early chance was a header in the 54th that just missed with Brazil goalkeeper Julio Cesar beaten.

Drogba underwent surgery before the World Cup after breaking his arm in a warmup match against Japan and had played less than half an hour as a substitute in Ivory Coast's opening draw with Portugal. The Chelsea striker is playing with a special protective cast authorized by FIFA.

Salomon Kalou also caused some problems to the Brazilians in the beginning, and he had a chance for a header off a free kick in the 16th but Julio Cesar beat him to the ball.

The Ivorians tried to press forward after conceding the first goal, but were not able to create significant scoring chances despite having the ball most of the time. Aruna Dindane tried a long-range shot in the 38th, but Julio Cesar made an ease save in the middle of the goal.

Brazil still had chances to increase the scoring, but mistakes in the final pass cost them the goal in a few occasions.

Kaka almost got on the board himself with a shot from inside the area after a pass from Robinho in the 62nd but goalkeeper Boubacar Barry made the save.

Elano was substituted in the 67th by Daniel Alves after injuring his right shin and leaving the field on a stretcher.

Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
(#2)
Old

Default Re: Brazil beats Ivory Coast - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   06-21-2010, 05:48 PM

ahh thnx fr sharin

(#3)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Brazil beats Ivory Coast - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   06-30-2010, 06:27 PM

So Nice,,,,,

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tujh Sy Barrh K Koi Azaab Nai
Aey Muhbbat Tera B Jawab Nai
(#4)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Brazil beats Ivory Coast - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   07-21-2010, 03:11 AM

nice
thx for shairing

(#5)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Brazil beats Ivory Coast - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   02-23-2011, 09:48 AM

gOod ...
Thanks fOr Ur pOsting ..

●❤ღ Dяєaм Lоvєґ ღ❤●

(#6)
Old

Default Re: Brazil beats Ivory Coast - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   07-21-2011, 12:39 AM

Thanks Fo sharing,,,

I'M Not Really A BaD InfLuence
But IN YouR CasE
I'LL MaKe n EXCETION

(#7)
Old

Default Re: Brazil beats Ivory Coast - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   03-23-2012, 08:32 PM

Brazil Rule!

(#8)
Old

Star Sign:
rose Re: Brazil beats Ivory Coast - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   05-19-2012, 02:56 PM

nice sharing

დ∫დ→◄●♥●►↔ǺήĐằŽ~◊Ệ◊~ßάΫǻЙ↔◄●♥●►←დ∫დ

(#9)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Brazil beats Ivory Coast - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   06-12-2012, 09:09 AM

Nice sharing

Post New Thread  Reply