Aerospace Entrepreneur/Motelier Robert Bigelow Thinks the Chinese Will Take Over the Moon - MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

link| link| link
MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community » The World of Information » Science & Technology » Space & Aviation » Aerospace Entrepreneur/Motelier Robert Bigelow Thinks the Chinese Will Take Over the Moon
Space & Aviation Share space & aviation stuffs here

Advertisement
Post New Thread  Reply

(#1)
Old
Caught In The Riptide ~

My Photos: ()
Default Aerospace Entrepreneur/Motelier Robert Bigelow Thinks the Chinese Will Take Over the Moon - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   10-21-2011, 07:47 AM

Aerospace Entrepreneur/Motelier Robert Bigelow Thinks the Chinese Will Take Over the Moon
By Dan Nosowitz

Robert Bigelow is not a small name in the space world. His company Bigelow Aerospace is a pioneer of inflatable spacecraft, and the company has made waves with its plans for an inflatable, orbiting space hotel (not coincidentally, Bigelow's fortunes come from his ownership of the Budget Suites motel chain). So when he says something about the future of space travel, we listen. On the other hand, when he says that China is planning to take over the moon circa 2025, we listen, but with skepticism.

At the International Symposium for Personal and Commercial Spaceflight, Bigelow laid out a timeline of a wild-west-style Chinese takeover of the moon, calling China "the new gunslinger in Dodge." Bigelow's timeline notes China's increasing success in space projects, up to and including last month's launch of the Tiangong Space Station module. He further declares that the moon's abundance in helium-3, a possible future fuel, but more importantly that "claiming" the moon would be a major glory moment for China. The timeline suggests that China will complete surveys of the moon, withdraw from the Outer Space Treaty of 1967 and formally claim the moon as part of China. Bigelow even suggested diverting 10 percent of the defense budget--some $60 billion--to preventing this moon theft.

So, we are skeptical. For lots of reasons. First, there's no evidence that China has any designs on such a plan, which of course they couldn't execute anytime soon, because their space technology is years, possibly decades, behind Russia's and the European Space Agency's. (Behind us, too, but we've sort of taken ourselves out of that game.) For another thing, there's no guarantee that the moon's raw materials will actually be of any use for energy here on Earth. MSNBC contacted an expert, Dean Cheng of the "conservative-leaning Heritage Foundation," who said anything "inflammatory" like claiming possession of the moon is "not likely." And Bigelow may be a private space agency pioneer and a damn fine budget hotelier, but the guy does not exactly have a background in international relations.

I'm standing on the edge of me.
Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
(#2)
Old

Default Re: Aerospace Entrepreneur/Motelier Robert Bigelow Thinks the Chinese Will Take Over the Moon - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   02-10-2012, 10:12 AM

nice shairing

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:
Jin Shaamon main Tujhe Bhoolna Chahen,
Wohi Raatain azaab Hoti hain:
(#3)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Aerospace Entrepreneur/Motelier Robert Bigelow Thinks the Chinese Will Take Over the Moon - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   02-11-2012, 11:33 AM

Thanks for nice sharing

Be the change you wish to see in the world
(#4)
Old
Caught In The Riptide ~

Default Re: Aerospace Entrepreneur/Motelier Robert Bigelow Thinks the Chinese Will Take Over the Moon - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   05-30-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAjan View Post
nice shairing
You're very welcome, Bhai

(#5)
Old
Caught In The Riptide ~

Default Re: Aerospace Entrepreneur/Motelier Robert Bigelow Thinks the Chinese Will Take Over the Moon - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   05-30-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Qaiser View Post
Thanks for nice sharing
No Problemo

(#6)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Aerospace Entrepreneur/Motelier Robert Bigelow Thinks the Chinese Will Take Over the Moon - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   06-08-2012, 06:18 PM

Nice thread ...Thanks for sharing this...!!!

Thanks Regards,

Help Center Travel - Visa - Immigration

http://www.VisaPolicy.com/

Please share this website to other so everyone can go abroad for different reasons without paying consultants fees and charges
Post New Thread  Reply