A Tribute To Ahmad faraz.....A Legend Of Urdu Poetry!!! - MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

link| link| link| link | link | link | link | link | link | link | link | link | link | link | link | link | link | link | link | link | link | link |
MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community » Poetry » Urdu Poetry Categories » Miscellaneous/Mix Poetry » A Tribute To Ahmad faraz.....A Legend Of Urdu Poetry!!!
Miscellaneous/Mix Poetry !! All Miscellaneous/Mix poetry share here !!

Advertisement

Post New Thread  Reply

(#1)
Old
... Deserve Only The Best

My Photos: ()
Star Sign:
Location: ★ Down In The Hell, Up In Da Sky, In Everyone's Heart But Still Invisible ! ★
bfl A Tribute To Ahmad faraz.....A Legend Of Urdu Poetry!!! - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-26-2008, 04:40 PM

Aap sab ke ilm me ye baat to aahi chuki hai ke hum apne daur k ek Azeem aur Maaye Naaz Shayer AHMAD FARAZ ko kho chuke hain….woh ab hamare saath nahi hain.

Inna Lilla hi wa Inna Ilaiy hi rajeoun

He was one of the greatest Urdu Poet in Pakistan.He was admitted in a hospital in Chicago,USA for the past few days and last day He passed away.

Hum unki maghfiarat ki dua karte hain…Allah unke darjaat buland kare…Ameen!

Ye thread hum Ahmad faraz ko tribute kar rahe hain….
Yahan Aap zyada se zyada unki ghazaliyaat Post Karen…..
Agar chahen to unke bare me har chhoti se chhoti baat jo aap jante hon, aap ke Ilm me ho yahan share Karen…..
….That will be the Mark of Respect which we have for HIM…in our hearts…in our thoughts!!!

Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
(#2)
Old

Star Sign:
Location: ★ Down In The Hell, Up In Da Sky, In Everyone's Heart But Still Invisible ! ★
Default >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-26-2008, 04:41 PM

Ahmed Faraz (January 14, 1931 in Nowshera - Pakistan) was considered one of the greatest modern Urdu poets of the last century and greatest living Urdu poet of present times. Faraz was his 'takhallus', whereas his real name was Syed Ahmed Shah.

Faraz, who has been compared with Mohammad Iqbal and Faiz Ahmed Faiz, holds a unique position as one of the best poets of current times, with a fine but simplistic style of writing, even common people can easily understand and identify with. Ethnically a Pashto-speaking Pashtun, Ahmed Faraz learned and studied Persian and Urdu at the Peshawar University where he taught these subjects later.

In an interview with Rediff he recalls how his father, a teacher, once bought clothes for him on Eid. He didn't like the clothes meant for him, but preferred the ones meant for his elder brother. This lead him to write his first couplet:

Layen hain sab ke liye kapde sale se
Layen hain hamare liye kambal jail se

He was told by his parents once to learn mathematics from a female class fellow during the summer vacation. "I was weak in mathematics and geography. I still don't remember maps and roads".

Instead of learning mathematics he played bait-bazi with her, a game in which one person recites a couplet and the other one recites another couplet starting from the last letter of the previous one. He always lost, even though he memorized hundreds of couplets for her, but when he started manufacturing his own couplets she couldn't catch him anymore. Coming from a respectable family of Syeds, descendents of ''Haji Bahadar" a famous saint of Kohat, he moved to Peshawar with entire family. Studied in famous Edwards College Peshawar and then did his Masters in Urdu and Persian. Initially Syed Ahmad Shah Faraz thus became Ahmed Faraz.

During his college time, Faiz Ahmed Faiz and Ali Sardar Jafri were the best progressive poets, who impressed him and became his role models. He initially worked as a script writer at radio Pakistan Peshawar and then moved on to teach Urdu at Peshawar University. In 1976 he became the founding Director General (Later Chairman) of Academy of Letters.

Outspoken about politics, he went into self-imposed exile during the Zia-ul-Haq era after he was arrested for reciting certain poems at a mushaira criticizing the military rule. He stayed for three years in Britain, Canada and Europe before returning to Pakistan, where he was initially appointed Chairman Academy of Letters and later chairperson of the Islamabad-based National Book Foundation for several years. He has been awarded with numerous national and international awards.

He was awarded the Hilal-e-Imtiaz in 2004, in recognition of his literary achievements. He returned the award in 2006 after becoming disenchanted with the government and its policies.

"My conscious will not forgive me if I remained a silent spectator of the sad happenings around us. The least I can do is to let the dictatorship know where it stands in the eyes of the concerned citizens whose fundamental rights have been usurped. I am doing this by returning the Hilal-e-Imtiaz (civil) forthwith and refuse to associate myself in any way with the regime..." a statement issued by the poet.

About his current writings he said: "I now only write when I am forced to from the inside."

Maintaining a tradition established by his mentor, the revolutionary Faiz Ahmed Faiz, he wrote some of his best poetry during those days in exile. Famous amongst poetry of resistance has been "Mahasara"

One amongst his great ghazals is the famous Ranjish Hi Sahi. He has so far written 13 books and all put together comes as "Shehr e Sukhn aarasta hai" his latest publication so far.

(#3)
Old

Star Sign:
Default >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-26-2008, 04:42 PM

Ranjish hi sahi dil hi dukhaanay kay liyay aa

aa phir say mujhay chhorr kay jaanay kay liyay aa

pehlay say maraasim na sahi phir bhi kabhi to
rasm-o-rahay duniya hi nibhaanay kay liyay aa

kis kis ko bataayengay judaai kaa sabab ham
tu mujh se khafaa hai to zamaanay kay liyay aa

kuchh to meri pindaar-e-mohabbat ka bharam rakh
tu bhi to kabhi mujh ko manaanay kay liyay aa

ek umr say hun lazzat-e-giryaa se bhi mehruum
aye raahat-e-jaan mujh ko rulaanay kay liyay aa

ab tak dil-e-khush_feham ko tujh say hain ummeedain

ye aakhari shammain bhi bujhaanay kay liyay aa

Last edited by QUEEN OF HEARTS ...; 08-26-2008 at 04:46 PM..
(#4)
Old

Default >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-26-2008, 06:20 PM

niceeee

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
(#5)
Old

Star Sign:
Default >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-26-2008, 09:38 PM

Nice

(#6)
Old

Star Sign:
Default >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-27-2008, 02:49 PM

nice sharing queen
in barisho se dosti achi nahi faraz
kacha tera makan hai kuch to khayal kar

(#7)
Old
~`*/\/\!TT! D@ Ba\/\/a*`~

Star Sign:
Default >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-27-2008, 03:03 PM

Nic3 Thread, Naqabil-e-Talafi Nuksaan
Magar Jo Allah Ko Manzoor...
Allah Un Ko Jannat Main Jaga Ata Farmaye!! Ameen..

"Faraz" Humari Hansi Main Chupay Dard Ko Mehsoos To Kar
Hum To You Hi Hans Hans Kay Khud Ko Saza Daitay Hain

(#8)
Old

Default >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-27-2008, 04:22 PM

It was really nice of you to start this thread, in respect of one of my favorite poets

N.. Suma Ameen!

Loading Signature

(#9)
Old

Default >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-27-2008, 07:26 PM

Qalo Inna Lillahay Wa Inna Ilahay Raje'oN

Tujh Ku Kis Phool ka Kafan Hum Dain
Tu Juda Aisay Mousamoun Mian Howa
Jub Darkhtoun Kay Haath Khalii Thay....

Loading Signature

Last edited by » ßerükhï «; 08-27-2008 at 07:28 PM..
(#10)
Old
Kanch Ki Guriya

Star Sign:
Default >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-27-2008, 09:29 PM

yeah beshak naqabil e talafi nuqsan hai
Allah unhein janatulfirdus mein buland darjat ata farmai Ameen

Main bhi kitni pagal hoon na
Sang hawa k urna chahoon
Titli ban kar nagri nagri
Gulshan Gulshan phirna chahoon
Phooloon k sab rang chura kar
Chunri apni rangna chahoon
Main bhi kitni pagal hoon na

Post New Thread  Reply