Lionel Messi - BEST PLAYER EVER!! - MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

link| link| link
MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community » Sports » General Football » Lionel Messi - BEST PLAYER EVER!!
General Football Discuss anything football related that does not fit into any other forum.,Share the greatest moments in soccer history through pictures & Videos!!

Advertisement

Post New Thread  Reply

(#1)
Old

My Photos: ()
Default Lionel Messi - BEST PLAYER EVER!! - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   02-25-2013, 01:15 PM

- Only player to win the Ballon d'Or four years in a row
- Only player to be European Cup top scorer four years in a row
- Most goals scored by a player in the Fifa Club World Cup, jointly held with Denilson
- Only player to score five goals in a Champions League match, against Bayer Leverkusen
- Most La Liga hat-tricks in one season by any player
- Most consecutive La Liga matches scored in (14 and still ONGOING)
- Most goals scored by a player in the Spanish Super Cup
- Most goals scored in a year by a player for Argentina
- Most goals scored in a single European Cup season
- Most La Liga hat-tricks by a Barcelona player
- Away league goals scored by in 2012, more than every other La Liga club except Real Madrid
- Most goals scored by a Barcelona player in El Clásico matches
- Fastest hat-trick by a Barcelona player, 17 minutes against Mallorca
- Most hat-tricks by a Barcelona player in all competitions
- Most international goals
- Most goals scored by a player in a La Liga season
- 56 League goals scored by Messi in 2012. Only five Premier League teams have scored more(remember a player scores more thn the most of the teams(11players) – Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal, Tottenham and Everton
- Most club goals scored by a player in a single season(72)
- Most club goals scored by a player in a calendar year(74)
- Most goals scored by a player in a calendar year for club and country, surpassing Gerd Müller for Bayern Munich and West Germany in 1972
- Most goals for a Barcelona player in La Liga, beating César Rodríguez Alvarez's 190(and he's still so YOUNG!)
- 249 Wins by Messi out of 352 matches for Barcelona, 70.7% of his matches

He is still so youg yet so perfect. The best player in the history of football!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe9SYIhOPdE

You can't have my heart
The doctor told me I'd be dead without it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
(#2)
Old

Default Re: Lionel Messi - BEST PLAYER EVER!! - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   02-25-2013, 01:21 PM

10 reasons why he's the world's greatest player

1. Balance: At 5ft 7in, Lionel Messi is just two inches taller than his idol Diego Maradona, and shares the same astonishing balance and lower body strength writes Mike Norrish. This allows Messi to move laterally at incredible speed, which is why he darts inside flat-footed left-backs with such ease.

2. Composure: Messi wastes few chances once through on goal, and rarely snatches at a shot. Once into the penalty area, he will often wait for a goalkeeper to commit himself before drinking the ball over him and into the net.

3. Control: Like all true greats, Messi doesn't need one touch just to control the ball. Instead, his first touch often doubles as the opening stage of a goal-bound surge. Watch the way Messi accepts Thierry Henry's pass for the second of his three goals against Valencia earlier this month. By the time of his second touch, he is already five yards clear of the defender. Four touches later, the ball is nestling in the corner of the net.

4. Dribbling: If there's one strength which elevates Messi above the rest of the world's great players, it is dribbling. The ability to beat a number of defenders in succession makes him a truly unique talent, and, at times, almost unstoppable. Although spectacular, there is nothing ostentatious in Messi's dribbing. Unlike Cristiano Ronaldo, who can be guilty of slowing down an attack with a orgy of stepovers, Messi's runs are often lethally direct, such as that classic against Getafe. Just like Maradona, Messi is a largely one-sided player, rarely using his right foot once he reaches full speed. But his magnetic control of the ball with his left is so extraordinary that he can go inside, outside, or through the legs of a defender.

5. Generosity: Messi puts a dent in the idea that forwards must be selfish to score goals. Although, on occasion, he can be guilty of ignoring better placed team-mates, Messi isn't motivated by personal glory. Having scored a hat-trick against Real Zaragoza last weekend, Messi had the chance to add a fourth goal when fouled in the area. Instead of taking the penalty though, he handed the ball to Zlatan Ibrahimovich, "because Ibra needed a goal."

6. Passing: Not even Messi's greatest admirers would suggest he is the best passer at Barca. That honour's probably a toss-up between Xavi Hernandez and Andres Iniesta. However, Messi has the vision and deftness to pick out his team-mates, with this assist for that Samuel Eto'o goal against Bayern Munich being a prime example of his passing ability.

7. Power: Messi prefers the scalpel to the shotgun, but as this goal against Stuttgart showed, he is able to generate great shooting power from outside the penalty area, and do so with a barely perceptible backlift

8. Speed: With the small, squat build of a sprinter, Messi has incredible acceleration from a standing start. He bursts out of the blocks and reaches full speed within five yards, the kind of pace which defenders find so difficult to deal with. His short stride means he is also able to change direction at nauseating speed while keeping control of the ball.

9. Awareness: Unlike other natural dribblers, Messi keeps his head up while on the move. This gives him options, so if a team-mate has found a pocket of space, Messi will release the ball with a deft flick, then look to receive it again, just like a great fly-half in rugby. That he is surrounded by such intelligent players, who use the ball with such alacrity, means his runs are picked out more often than not.

10. Strength: Kicking Messi doesn't work, as Sergio Ramos knows only too well. The Real Madrid full-back employed all the dark arts to stop Messi at the Nou Camp last season, but the Argentine had the last laugh when scoring the winning goal in a 2-0 victory. Again, the Maradona comparison is impossible to avoid when discussing Messi's strength, as the bravery and tenacity he shows in possession is equal to that which was the hallmark of his international manager. Messi was diagnosed with growth hormone deficiency as a child, which meant he learnt his trade against bigger and stronger opponents, lessons that have remained with him.

You can't have my heart
The doctor told me I'd be dead without it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(#3)
Old

Default Re: Lionel Messi - BEST PLAYER EVER!! - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   02-28-2013, 11:43 PM

yep he is the best <3

Great article thanks for sharing

(#4)
Old
... Deserve Only The Best

Star Sign:
Location: ★ Down In The Hell, Up In Da Sky, In Everyone's Heart But Still Invisible ! ★
Default Re: Lionel Messi - BEST PLAYER EVER!! - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   03-08-2013, 02:54 PM

awww He is The BEST =D
Him ....

(#5)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Lionel Messi - BEST PLAYER EVER!! - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   03-08-2013, 03:01 PM

He is nice..But Rolando is the best.

And Your Lord Never Forget
Post New Thread  Reply