Basic Photoshop Techniques:Drop Shadowz ! - MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

link| link| link
MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community » Graphics Tutorial » Adobe photoshop » Basic Photoshop Techniques:Drop Shadowz !
Adobe photoshop !! Adobe photo shop lectures !!

Advertisement
Post New Thread  Reply

(#1)
Old
... Deserve Only The Best

My Photos: ()
Star Sign:
Location: ★ Down In The Hell, Up In Da Sky, In Everyone's Heart But Still Invisible ! ★
rose Basic Photoshop Techniques:Drop Shadowz ! - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-23-2008, 05:08 PM

Basic Photoshop Techniques

These are the first, and second, in this series of Basic Photoshop tutorials.

Shapes

This tutorial will show you how to create shapes in Photoshop. I used Photoshop 4.0 for Windows. Some things may be done differently with other versions.

Shapes are easy to create in Photoshop. The process is not obvious, though.

Open a new graphic. Choose the selection tool and draw a shape. I've drawn a circle (see figure 1.1).

figure 1.1

Choose Edit,Stroke. This will bring up the Stroke dialog box (see figure 1.2)

figure 1.2

In this dialog box you can choose the width of the line you want and where the line should be placed. I chose 5 for the width and Center for the placement. This yielded the circle you see in figure 1.3.

figure 1.3

After choosing Selections, None you'll be left with your shape (see figure 1.4).

figure 1.4

Of course, you could choose to fill the circle with a color or draw different shapes. Before applying the effects to the GrafX Design logoid and image map it looked something like figure 1.5.

figure 1.5

I drew the shape with two selections. I first selected the circle shape then added a rectangle selection.

Tip: You can add to or subtract from selections by holding down the SHIFT or ALT keys, respectively.

I then filled the whole selection with black. I applied a Gaussian Blur (Filters, Blur, Gaussian) then used Image, Adjust, Levels to smooth out the circle and round the corners.

Once I had the shape I wanted I added the chrome effect, the lettering and the blue logo.

All of this started out with a couple of basic shapes, though

Easy, eh?

Drop Shadows

Here's another fairly easy yet not-so-obvious process... Drop shadows.

Start with the text you want to add a shadow to (see figure 2.1)

figure 2.1

In the layers palette drag the text layer to add layer icon. It's the one circled in red in figure 2.2.

figure 2.2

Click this layer to make it active. CTRL-click (Command-click on a Mac, I believe) to select the text. Change to the default (black foreground/white background) colors by clicking on the small black and white squares below and to the left of the foreground/background color swatches. Use ALT-Backspace to fill the text with black. Make sure that Preserve Transparency is off in the layer palette.

Note:
Many filters won't work with the Preserve Transparency option turned on

Choose Filters, Blur, Gaussian Blur and enter a value that gives you the blur you want. I used 3.0.

The shadow layer should resemble figure 2.3.

figure 2.3

In the layers palette drag the shadow layer below the text layer. Make sure the shadow layer is active and, on the image, hold down the CTRL key and use the mouse to position the shadow where you want it. My final image (with a little help from Eye Candy's Inner Bevel for the text) looks like figure 2.4.

figure 2.4

That's it !

Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
(#2)
Old

Star Sign:
Default >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-23-2008, 06:27 PM

always valuable thanks.

ALLAH FARMATA HAI :
AEY BANDEY JO HUA
WO ACHA HUA .
JO HORAHA HAI ACHA HO RAHA HAI.
JO HOGA WO BHI ACHA HOGA.
TERA KIYA GAIYA JO TU ROTA HAI
TU KIA LAYA JO TU NE KHO DIYA.
JO LIYA YAHIN (DUNYA) SEI LIYA
JO DIYA YAHIN (DUNYA) PE DIYA
JO AAJ TERA HAI PEHLAY KISI AUR KA THA
AUR KAL KISI AUR KA HOGA.
TABDEELI KAINAAT KA MAMOOL HAI
BAS TU WO JAMA KAR JO TU SATH LEI KAR JANEY WALA HAI
YANI NAIK AMAAL.

(#3)
Old

Star Sign:
Default >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   09-04-2008, 02:25 AM

Nice Sharin ..!!

(#4)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Basic Photoshop Techniques:Drop Shadowz ! - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   07-21-2010, 12:36 AM

nice
thx for shairing

(#5)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Basic Photoshop Techniques:Drop Shadowz ! - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-24-2010, 11:17 AM

nice...

დ∫დ→◄●♥●►↔ǺήĐằŽ~◊Ệ◊~ßάΫǻЙ↔◄●♥●►←დ∫დ

(#6)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Basic Photoshop Techniques:Drop Shadowz ! - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-16-2011, 12:30 PM

-‘๑’- шОщ -‘๑’-
..:: GоОd pО$т ::..
THAЙК$ FОЯ $HAЯЇИG

●❤ღ Dяєaм Lоvєґ ღ❤●

Post New Thread  Reply