*Hazrat Umer-e-FaroQ (r.a)* - Page 3 - MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

link| link| link
MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community » Islam » Islamic Issues And Topics » *Hazrat Umer-e-FaroQ (r.a)*
Islamic Issues And Topics !!! Post Islamic Issues And Topics Here !!!

Advertisement
Post New Thread  Reply

(#21)
Old

My Photos: ()
Star Sign:
Default Re: *Hazrat Umer-e-FaroQ (r.a)* - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   06-08-2011, 02:54 PM

The way to call the General "Shura"

Since the Special "Shura" comprised only few members there was no special way to call it. The way to call the General Council of Advisors was that a man used to call the following words loudly: "As-Salatu Jami'ah," in the Prophet's Mosque from at high place. Hearing this call the people would know that a meeting of the "Shura" has been called and assembled in the mosque. Hadrat Umar first of all offered two raka'at Nafl (optional) Salat and then put the matter before the "Shura" Every person was allowed to give his opinion. Decisions were usually taken on the basis of unanimity or sometimes by majority. But the Khalifah was not bound to accept the decision of majority. In the interest of Islam and Muslims he could use power of veto if he considered it proper.

Sponsored Links
(#22)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: *Hazrat Umer-e-FaroQ (r.a)* - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   06-08-2011, 02:55 PM

Freedom of Opinion

Freedom of opinion was not only allowed at the time of meeting of the "Shura" but on all occasions. As a matter of fact Hadrat Umar’s period was an exemplary period as far as this principle of the democratic way of government is concerned. There is no other example in history when people gave their opinion so freely, and criticised the ruler (i.e., the Government) so openly.

The Caliph had himself introduced this principle, novel in those days, through his addresses. A part of one of his addresses is quoted as under

"0 people! I am but a trustee of your property and wealth, like a person who is trustee of the property and wealth of an orphan child. Had I been rich I would not have taken any allowance for my services. In case I needed I would have accepted only to the extent of the need. Friends! you have certain rights over me and you are fully allowed to claim your rights anytime. One of such rights is: Don't allow me to misappropriate the Indemnity Tax and the Booty. You have the right to check that the poor, the needy and disabled person amongst you should get allowances for their livelihood. You have the right to make sure that the borders of the State are safe and that you are not in danger."

(#23)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: *Hazrat Umer-e-FaroQ (r.a)* - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   06-08-2011, 02:55 PM

Introduction of Islamic Calendar

For the first time in the history of Islam, Islamic calendar was introduced in the present form by Hadrat Umar (R.A.). The date of start of this calendar was fixed as the date of the "Hijrah" (Migration) of the Holy Prophet (Sallallahu 'alaihi wa Sallam). Thus the calendar is also known as the Hijrah Calendar.

Umar's (R.A.) Period was the GOLDEN AGE of ISLAMIC History

Thus we see that Hadrat Umar’s period was the Golden Age of the Islamic history when Islam was practised in its true form. Hadrat Umar (R.A.) Initiated 41 good practices during his period, which were based upon the Holy Qur'an and the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet (Sallallahu'alaihi wa Sallam). These are known as "Awliat-i-Umar (the Initiations Of Umar). The details can be seen in the books of Islamic History like Tabari, Ibn-i-Athir, and Tarikh-i-Khulafa etc. Most of these initiations have been mentioned in the preceding pages in brief. Actually Hadrat Umar (R.A.) was the founder of ISLAMIC DEMOCRACY based upon the Holy Qur'an and the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet (Sallallahu 'alaihi wa Sallam). The words of the Holy Prophet are very true

"IF THERE WERE TO BE A PROPHET AFTER ME HE WOULD HAVE BEEN UMAR IBN AL-KHATTAB." (Tirmidhi)

AND

"AMONG THE NATIONS BEFORE YOUR TIME THERE HAVE BEEN INSPIRED PEOPLE (WHO WERE NOT PROPHETS), AND IF THERE IS ONE AMONG MY PEOPLE HE IS UMAR". (Bukhari and Muslim)

(#24)
Old
Shaam

Default Re: *Hazrat Umer-e-FaroQ (r.a)* - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   06-08-2011, 06:52 PM

a worth reading article .. very nice sharing life...
He is indeed the one of the best person this world ever seen and one of ma fav personality.

(#25)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: *Hazrat Umer-e-FaroQ (r.a)* - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   06-09-2011, 12:45 AM

buhat shukriya shaam......

(#26)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: *Hazrat Umer-e-FaroQ (r.a)* - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   07-06-2012, 09:41 PM

Jazak Allah
Thanks fOr Shar!ng

(#27)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: *Hazrat Umer-e-FaroQ (r.a)* - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-13-2012, 02:22 AM

buhat khush rahye T R ji

Post New Thread  Reply