Pakistan Navy - MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

link| link| link
MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community » Chit Chat » Pakistani Defense » Pakistan Navy
Pakistani Defense !!Share Pakistani Defense Topics here!!

Advertisement
Post New Thread  Reply

(#1)
Old
ღ šŏŭl ɦăčƙĕř ღ

My Photos: ()
Star Sign:
Default Pakistan Navy - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   09-10-2011, 06:23 PM

Pakistan Navy

INTRODUCTION
Pakistan Navy is the naval force of the Pakistan Armed Forces. Its tasks are to defend coastal waters and offshore economic resources; and secure sea lines of communication and protect the merchant fleet. The Pakistan Navy is small but is highly motivated professional naval force, operationally capable of defending Pakistan coastline.

HISTORY
The Royal Pakistan Navy was born on 14th August 1947 on the independence day of Pakistan. As the partitioned occurred between India and Pakistan, Armed Forces Reconstruction Committee (AFRC) divided the Royal Indian Navy between India and Pakistan. The Royal Pakistan Navy was handed two sloops, two frigates, four minesweepers, two trawlers, four harbour launches with some 3580 personnel consisted of 180 officers and 3400 ratings.

In 1956, The Islamic Republic of Pakistan was proclaimed under the 1956 constitution. The prefix Royal was dropped and the service re-designated as Pakistan Navy. Pakistan Navy Jack and Pakistani Flag replaced the Queen’s color and the white ensign respectively.

PRESENT

Today Pakistan Navy is one of the most professional naval forces in the world. It has more than 22,000 personnel and other 5,000 in reserve. The Pakistan Navy surface fleet is compromised of various squadrons according to the types of ships in service. Pakistan Navy currently operates 6 Amazon Type 21 Class destroyers, one Leander class frigate (training), 3 French Eridan Class mine hunter vessels, 4 Jalalat Class missile boats, including variety of other latest auxiliaries, tankers, missiles and patrol boats.

While the current surface fleet may not look good enough as the other modern navies continue to enjoy new ships and technology. The navy was able to succeed in upgrading these ships to modern standards technology. However, Pakistan Navy does operate one of the most advanced diesel-powered submarines in the world, French Agosta-90B currently two in service while the last one is under sea trials and close to be operational. Other than that Pakistan operates two Agosta-70 class submarines and three midget class submarines.

The Pakistan Navy Aviation wing may look small compare to the Army Aviation, however it does play significant role in the navy and will surely do so in the time of conflict. Pakistan Naval Aviation currently operates 3 Westland Lynx, 6 Westland Sea King Mk45, 8 Aerospatiale SA-319B Alouette III, 4 Lockheed P-3C Orion, 8 Fokker F27-200, 2-3 Breguet Atlantique I, and special wing of Mirage V anti-ship fighter aircrafts operated by Pakistan Air Force.

FUTURE
As per by the approval of Armed Forces Development Programme 2019 (AFFDP-2019), launched by the government of Pakistan. Pakistan Navy will be able to modernize itself into one of the modern navies in the world replacing, inducting and manufacturing different naval equipment to insure that it is able to take the new challenges facing our nation.

In the surface fleet, Pakistan Navy is going to induct newly built 4 F-22p Zulfiqar Class (Modernized Type 053H3 Jiangwei II) destroyers. Pakistan Navy also has officially put up a formal request for six Oliver Hazard Perry class frigates to augment its surface fleet while consideration of 4 modern corvettes to be built alongside with F-22p in Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works (KS&EW) is in the process. The competitors for modern corvettes may be French DCN Gowind 120, German TKMS MEKO A-100/D, and Turkish Milgem corvettes. The navy also plans to manufacture and procure additional mine hunters, tankers, missile and patrol boats.
In the submarine fleet, as all the Daphne class submarines of the Pakistan Navy have retired. Pakistan needs more submarines to meet its requirements as per by that. Pakistan Navy is currently in negotiation for French Marlin and German U-214 submarines, while U-214 being most likely the choice.

In the naval aviation, Pakistan Navy will receive 6 Z-9C anti-ship/sub helicopters with F-22p frigates, while it plans to induct 6 more P-3C Orion aircraft out of eight ordered. Pakistan Navy also plans to induct three Hawkeye 2000 airborne early warning systems based on P-3C Orion aircrafts, and might also induct dedicated JF-17 fighter for naval role.

ε√οℓ şσųℓ

ѕιℓєηcє & ѕмιℓє αяє тωσ ρσωєяƒυℓ тσσℓѕ.
ѕмιℓє ιѕ тнє ωαу тσ ѕσℓνє мαηу ρяσвℓємѕ
&
ѕιℓєηcє ιѕ тнє ωαу тσ ανσι∂ мαηу ρяσвℓємѕ..
Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
(#2)
Old

Default Re: Pakistan Navy - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   09-10-2011, 10:21 PM

Great Sharing Dude Thanks Pakistan Is The Best !!!!

Yeh PakiStan HaMari Jaan Sab Se Pehly Hai PakiStan
(#3)
Old
ღ šŏŭl ɦăčƙĕř ღ

Star Sign:
Default Re: Pakistan Navy - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   09-10-2011, 11:23 PM

ThankYou Soo muCh Zain.

ε√οℓ şσųℓ

&
(#4)
Old

Default Re: Pakistan Navy - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   10-07-2011, 03:27 PM

Super sharing....

(#5)
Old

Default Re: Pakistan Navy - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   10-12-2011, 10:18 AM

App nay buhat achi information sharee ki han.

(#6)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Pakistan Navy - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   10-12-2011, 10:31 AM

~tHanks For nice sharing~

(#7)
Old
ღ šŏŭl ɦăčƙĕř ღ

Star Sign:
Default Re: Pakistan Navy - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   10-14-2011, 12:28 AM

ThankX
ThankX
ThankX
ThankX
ThankX
ThankX
ThankX
ThankX
ThankX
ThankX
ThankX
ThankX
ThankX
ThankX
ThankX

ε√οℓ şσųℓ

&
(#8)
Old

Default Re: Pakistan Navy - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   02-11-2012, 10:56 PM

nice shairng

Last edited by jamal khan; 02-11-2012 at 11:00 PM..
(#9)
Old

Default Re: Pakistan Navy - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   05-09-2012, 12:11 PM

i am a big fan of PAk Navy... they fought like a man.....

(#10)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Pakistan Navy - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   06-21-2012, 02:16 PM

nice shring

Post New Thread  Reply